Rayon is an umbrella term and contains many different forms, which are essentially raw materials converted through a chemical process.
Cellulosic fabrics have a beautiful drape and are known for their durability, soft touch, breathability and natural lustre. We use cellulosic fabrics as they are biodegradable and an eco-friendly alternative to polyester.
It is because of their natural origins that they require a higher level of care and attention, however make durable and long-lasting garments.
Rayon types we use:
Our Bamboo Viscose
Bamboo is a fast growing crop, regenerates and doesn’t require fertiliser. We use Bamboo Rayon in our popular White Label tees, as they are super comfortable and soft, becoming softer with each wear
Our Lenzing Tencel
Lenzing Tencel is a certified, closed loop fabric made from fast-growing Eucalyptus Trees which are sustainably farmed.
Cellulose used to generate certified viscose comes from sustainable sourced wood such as Beech, Pine, Eucalyptus, Soy and Sugar Cane.
Our Lenzing Modal
Lenzing Modal is a certified, closed loop fabric made from Beech Trees, which is incredibly strong and retains its shape well without shrinking.
- A simple airing out will suffice if the garment is not dirty or stained and washing isn’t required.
- Gently place your garment on a hanger, hang it out in an airy, sheltered space for 1-2 days (not in direct sunlight).
- We recommend for all cellulosic garments to undergo a gentle spot cleaning for any stains or a cold water wash.
- This can either be a hand wash or bath, or a cool, gentle machine wash with like colours and an earth friendly detergent. Always cold wash cellulosic garments as the fibres come from a natural origin.
- Please line dry your garments and to avoid shrinkage- do not tumble dry.
- If you do experience slight shrinkage with your garments, we recommend steaming them back to shape, as cellulosic fabrics expand with heat.
- You can also use an iron with a low temperature function to softly press and shape.
- Our cellulosic garments can also be taken to a trusted, eco friendly dry cleaner, if in doubt.